Thursday, December 29, 2016

What's in a name?






This week we received a note from Lily's daycare asking us to write down the reasons why we named her Lily or the meaning behind her name.  I wasn't sure I would have too much to write, but Lily really does have some lovely meaning behind it, so here is what I wrote, "Lily's name is Lily Jean.  Lily was mostly a name we liked and could agree on, but I also like the idea of a Lily flower with Lily pads.  We go to Lily's grandparent's house in Northern Wisconsin and the lake has lots of lily pads so we actually spoke about the name quite a bit while we visited when I was pregnant.  Jean is after Lily's great grandma Barbara Jean who went by Jeannie.  She passed away the year before Lily was born.  She was kind, giving, and strong which are all the things I hope for Lily Jean."

No comments:

Post a Comment